Wednesday, April 6, 2011
About My Term Research Paper
My term paper is titled: "The Impact of Social Media. How and Why We Use It." When I was doing my bibliography for my paper a few weeks ago, I really wished that I had chose another topic. It seemed harder to find information because what I was looking for could not be searched for directly. I kept thinking that if I had picked a topic that had been widely written about, I wouldn't have as much difficulty researching. Rather, I kept brainstorming possible different examples and searched for all of these. I had to read many articles, some very long, until I finally found 10 good ones to use. Once I got my bibliography down, writing the paper became much easier as I already knew which sources I would be using and what I wanted to cover. In the end, I'm glad I had to do the bibliography and outline beforehand because it really made it a lot easier when it came to writing the paper. I picked my topic choice due to a class that I had taken previously. That professor was really into the topic of Cuba and blogging and now whenever I think of blogs, I think of the Cuban blogger Yoani Sanchez. I couldn't get her out of my head when I read the assignment so I decided to incorporate her into the paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This sounds like a very interesting topic. I wonder did you incorporate aspects such as the affects of media as a downfall and/or a positive?
ReplyDelete