Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My schedule sucks

So, I registered for classes yesterday and my schedule sucks. I was hoping to maybe do a two day schedule with 4 classes (i mean i am already taking 4 classses in one day this term with a total of 6 classses). Well anyways, of course there aren't many sections for Real Estate classes and I just wasn't able to come up with a schedule that I wanted. So I am now taking 3 RES classes M/W from 4pm - 9pm.... that is so ridiculously late. And then there is a 1 hr train ride home. On t/th I only have one classes 10:45 - 12 which is not that bad but Its such a waste to come in for just one class. I wanted to find an internship during the spring and it will suck if I have to work during the day on M/W and then do school until 9 pm.... Oh and RES classes are really boring.

What's even more annoying is that when I check open sections for Finance or Accounting classes etc, a HUGE list of choices comes up. But when I go to RES.... half of the courses only have ONE section. Thats how I got stuck with a 7-9pm class, the most critical class that I needed (which is also a pre-req. for my other major classes) only has one section at that time. =[ I also have to stay indoors until after the sunsets in the Spring =[

ok, well anyways, just wanted to complain about my schedule. I'm sure other people are also in similar situations.

15 comments:

  1. I had to suffer through the same situation my first 2 years of school, waiting for 2 hours between classes on club hours, etc. At first it was cool to chill around with friends but after a while it gets annoying... Since then, I try to prepare my schedule ahead of time, with several back up schedules, just in case some classes get full. Anyways, good luck in the following semester EL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know! I am going through the same thing. I hate how there only only like 2 courses and for the non-business courses and like 50 for the rest. It seems every semester the accounting/finances courses get bigger and the others get smaller.This semester i have work and school as well, with an hour and a half ride. I up at 6am and home at 10am, the earliest. :-(

    My recommendation is look up the drop dates, even late registration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea i know what you mean it seems like the one class i need to take always has the worst times. i thought that the longer you are here at this school the easier it is suppose to be to get the classes you need. that has not been the case for me..so annoyingggg

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds terrible, but at least its only temporary and soon enough you'll be done! A small price to pay for a better future :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. almost all the classes i wanted to take are already full... and today i overheard some kids talking about how they're "holding spots" for their friends who have a later registration date. i got SO MAD! maybe i'm just mad cause i didn't think of it first.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. same situation here...for the next semester i need a Cognitive Psy class and there are only 2 classes, 1 is very early in the morning (which am pretty sure i'll never make on time) so my only option is the one at 7:30- 8:50pm but there is another psy class that is only 1 day at 2:30-3:15pm which means there will be a gap of almost 4 hours...and on Fridays only 1 class @ 6:00pm
    :( this will be the worst schedule ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ KG, I have been doing it for a while now. A friend of mine who graduated already used to be on soccer team, they get to register before everyone else, so it was cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm on the same boat dont feel too bad though atleast you got some classes. I'm on a waiting list for 4 classes how sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah...I experienced similar situations even though I tried to register for Accounting classes. Anyway,hope you make efficient schedule. good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also tried to register class for two days schedule, but my marketing and management class forced me go school on Mon,Wed,and..FRIDAY. Well, good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had the same thing last semester i had a class at 8 in the morn and the other started round 7 in the evening. I had no choice because I needed it ... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know it sounds like it sucks right now but if it makes you feel better I once had the two day schedule and I was in school from like 8 something in the morning until 10:15PM for COM 1010. It was not good. The last thing you want to do at that time is give a public speech. Good luck with Real Estate..it does sound boring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, it seems like a lot of people want to vent on your blog about schedules. THis is my last semester, and I have all of my classes on MW... except for sociology. It's actually not that bad; it feels less like class and more like a bit of chilling, and I get to be educated by a professor that has passion and gives a shit.

    Which is more than I can say for some washed out BPL slave drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. BPL is the pits. I have la ma na (named misspelled to thwart Google searches); he's not hard, but I don't recommend him. I tend to dislike professors that blatantly rate themselves on ratemyprofessors.com.

    He's a good one to take if you don't care about the quality of your work; he doesn't read anything the student submit, be it essays or tests, and he doesn't want a write-up of your hour-long presentation (slides would do, but I doubt he looks at them).

    If you're taking BPL next semester, I suggest you transfer into the woman professor's class; I don't recall her name, but she should be back from her sabbatical by then. Buddies have told me great things about her.

    Emphasis added for easy skimming, as this response is looking quite verbose.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, the fact that you're a junior had slipped my mind. Well, I know someone who took the course a few semesters early, but I guess that's a moot point now.

    ReplyDelete