Sunday, December 6, 2009

Boots




I ordered these boots online and I just got them in the mail and I think I love them. I haven't worn them out yet so I'm not too sure but from the looks of them and trying them on at home, they seem great. They are eco friendly. The soles are made from old car tires and the suede is from an eco certified tannery (though I would've preferred to not have had to kill an animal for the shoes =\). The knit part of the shoe is made of hemp and organic cotton. You can also roll the knit part up to knee length or fold them down and wear as booties. (I just hope they don't stretch out too badly.)

The best part of all? They were originally priced at $85. I saw them when they first came out but i wasn't sure I wanted to pay that amount for them, especially since I couldn't try them on and I didn't have the shoe itself in front of me to look at. The picture online wasn't very helpful. But now they are on sale for $40. I also got free shipping and I goodsearched a discount code for the website which I was able to use. (TIP: When you shop online, you can often find extra discounts via google etc. You will have to check if the codes are valid, mostly through the shopping cart of that particular site. Ex: search: "GAP online discount codes") So now, I have new, eco friendly shoes for the winter which will also hopefully keep my feet warm. They look a bit different and not everyone may like the style. But if you do, you can find them at www.simpleshoes.com

The site also sells mens and childrens shoes and some bags. They are all eco friendly and even carry some vegan items.

4 comments:

  1. They look really comfy! and the price is awesome too! i like that u can wear them as booties also and thanks for the tip because im constantly online shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute. And I totally do the online coupon thing too, it saves you a lot on shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there cute too, thanx for the tip for the on line coupons

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dont shop online so often. i always like to try them(shoes or cloths)first... otherwise am afraid that after a while i wont like them anymore. But yes, thx for the tip...btw ur new boots look cute and comfortable..like the color :)

    ReplyDelete