Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Blog about Twitter

I think Twitter discussions are much more complicated than Blackboard or in-class discussions. On Twitter, if you don't respond fairly quickly, it might be very confusing for others when they read what you write. It can be hard for them to figure out what you are talking about if you just type in a response. Therefore, you should retweet someone else's tweet so that others may then follow your train of thought. Of course, the level of difficulty also coincides with how many people are in your network and the amount of traffic that the network of people gets. For example, Kanye West will have a bigger network than our CIS class.

When having a discussion in class, you can immediately respond to your professor or classmates. Or if you would like to talk about a previous topic, you just say so and refer to which subject. It is much easier to follow as everything is verbal and you are interacting in person.

Blackboard discussions are both easier and more complicated than Twitter discussions. On blackboard, when you respond, you can respond directly under someones thread. You don't have to search for anything because it all shows up there. However, it is sometimes hard to read the discussions themselves because they are shown as links, sort of like emails, that you must open in order to read. They also vary in length.

When you are on Twitter, you can search for certain keywords and all tweets with those keywords will appear. Since the tweets are short and limited to 140 characters, you can also read the main point in a few short sentences.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the confusion of Twitter. Most of the time the Tweets flow very quickly and can be hard to follow. What I do is that I search for the topic I'm interested in and I search for our course number.

    ReplyDelete