Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Project Description

Hi Everyone,

For my project, I have chosen to write about how social media has been used by individuals, celebrities, organizations, etc to broadcast various agendas capable of reaching a larger audience than older media allowed. For example, Celebrities vowing to stay off Twitter until certain non-profits raise a specified amount of money to reach their goals. As well as an incident when a music artist promoted a certain stock on Twitter and gained a profit because his followers bought this stock that he advertised. I plan on covering Twitter and will be creating a Twitter account so that I can follow certain groups or people. I may also be writing about blogs and bloggers.

7 comments:

  1. Twitter is fascinating. I still do not get the point of it ( don't tell anyone) other than for promotion purposes, but it is very intriguing. I use it on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great topic. I recently read on article saying that 50 cent promoted a stock on his Twitter and the price sky-rocketed immediately after. Do you use Twitter at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting topic. Celebrities have a big influence on whatever they do and going on a Twitter to promote stocks certainly benefits twitter. I don't use Twitter but it helps keep you up to date with the people you are following.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys. James, that's where I got my idea from. Penny, I didn't like Twitter at all when it was first introduced but now I realize the greater possibilities and the different ways it can be used. Jimmy, I don't use Twitter either, but I've created one for this class. I'm going to follow different people, groups, celebrities to experience a whole variety of Tweets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey your topic sounds really interesting. I was wondering if you would consider using older sites that may have had a similar effect on how celebs influence the masses also?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Meg. What kind of sites did you have in mind? Were you thinking about MySpace and the like? I'm not sure if I will but that's a good idea. I'll try and look into that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because I know nothing about twitter or how to use it, your topic could definitely educate me about it and its purposes. The one thing I do know about Twitter is that it was hacked a short while ago. A hacker got access to the accounts of the heads of Twitter and caused it to shut down for a day or so. Your topic is definitely interesting though. I find it amazing that just because a celebrity suggested people buy a certain stock, they actually took his/her advice.

    ReplyDelete